- ‘Central Government is Even Against District Level Lockdown’ – N. Sitharaman
- New Hospital Committee Takes Charge of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital of Siliguri
- Management Department of NBU Conducted its Annual 'Ahovaan 2021'
- Adhar Card to be made Compulsory for SMKP Athletics Meet 2021
- Desbandhu Sporting Union wins the Siliguri PS Zone Commissioners Cup Football
Webdesk, TNI Kolkata, 7th February, 2021: Despite various criticisms across the political circles and the opposition, Merchant’s Chambers of Commerce and Industries i.e. MCCI had a different view point. After the state budget was tabled by the Honorable CM of West Bengal Smt. Mamata Banerjee, MCCI complemented the CM. In this occasion Mr. Aakash Shah, President, MCCI, Kolkata said that “The West Bengal Government has sought to provide relief to the pandemic-hit common man and focus more on driving the economic recovery through higher spending on healthcare and other priority areas”. He also informed TNI “Among many pro-growth measures announced in the Budget in this new normal, MCCI welcomes the following a)State GDP increased 2.7 times b) Expenditure in social sector increased 5.6 times, c) Expenditure in physical infrastructure increased by 3.9 times d) All kinds of road tax lifted from January 21 to June 21 e) Loan provision of Rs. 25,000 crore announced for 10 lakh new self help groups and finally e) State planned expenditure increased 7.2 times, while Revenue collection increased 2.9 times”.
Photo: MCCI, Kolkata