- Hooghly wins the Maiden title of SDCA’s 1st Inter District Online Doubles Carrom Tournament
- Siliguri teams bowed out of SDCA Organized first Online Invitational Carrom
- Weapon Smuggler Nabbed along With an Illegal 9mm Pistol Seized in Siliguri
- Health Services in Siliguri District Hospital to be Normalized Soon
- Prof. Rathin Bandyopadhyay Chosen for Shiksha Ratna Award from West Bengal Government
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri, 18th August, 2020: West Bengal State Election Commission has issued a State Gazette draft order regarding the delimitation cum reservation of Siliguri Mahakuma Parishad seats for the forthcoming Mahakuma Parishad elections. According to it the objections / suggestions relating to it should be received by the District Panchayat Election Officer & District Magistrate, Darjeeling and forwarded to the State Election Commission. In this regard a hearing schedule was also being given. However, the State Election Commission has also advised to organize the hearing in an Online Platform following the Covid -19 pandemic situation. The SDO is also requested to arrange the hearing and provide necessary technical support in this regard. The draft order also stated that that the delimitation and reservation of Gram Panchayat and Panchayat Samiti hearing should also be done at the SDO office. The Four blocks that come under Siliguri Mahakuma Parishad are Naxalbari, Matigara, Kharibari, Phansidewa. With the issuance of this draft order, the election bells have rung in Darjeeling District after the Pandemic stuck the country on March 2020. Now it’s important to see how the entire process fares up.