- Hooghly wins the Maiden title of SDCA’s 1st Inter District Online Doubles Carrom Tournament
- Siliguri teams bowed out of SDCA Organized first Online Invitational Carrom
- Weapon Smuggler Nabbed along With an Illegal 9mm Pistol Seized in Siliguri
- Health Services in Siliguri District Hospital to be Normalized Soon
- Prof. Rathin Bandyopadhyay Chosen for Shiksha Ratna Award from West Bengal Government
TNI News Service (TNS)
Webdesk, TNI Allahabad, 29th January, 2019: In the social media speculations were being made of tax exemptions for the latest blockbuster ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’. However, UP Government had made it a reality. Yesterday in a cabinet meeting decision at Allahabad by the Uttar Pradesh government the GST exemption is being implemented for the movie ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’. UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, told the reporters just after the meeting “This is a movie on the surgical strikes, the cabinet has decided to exempt it from state GST. This film is about the country’s valour and will instill a feeling of nationalism and patriotism… This will help youth and all citizens of the country to see it”. It is to be noted that ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’, is film written and directed by Aditya Dhar and is based on the Indian Army’s surgical strikes on terror launch pads of Pakistan way back in 2016. Just after the declaration of the strike, the incident became a political potboiler throughout the country. It is interesting to see what the other state governments are going to do in this regard in the forthcoming days especially when the election is round the corner.