- Sahitya Akadami Award recipient Launches Book at Siliguri
- Model Youth Parliament Conducted at Siliguri by Young Indians
- Siliguri Tax Advocates Bar Association’s Rally for Demand of Social Security to Lawyers
- Major Nisheet Dogra Buried Under 6ft Snow at Sikkim, Dies at Bengdubi
- Lakme India Fashion Week Witnessed a Bunch of Bollywood Stars in the Ramp
TNI News Service (TNS)
Webdesk, TNI Allahabad, 29th January, 2019: In the social media speculations were being made of tax exemptions for the latest blockbuster ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’. However, UP Government had made it a reality. Yesterday in a cabinet meeting decision at Allahabad by the Uttar Pradesh government the GST exemption is being implemented for the movie ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’. UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, told the reporters just after the meeting “This is a movie on the surgical strikes, the cabinet has decided to exempt it from state GST. This film is about the country’s valour and will instill a feeling of nationalism and patriotism… This will help youth and all citizens of the country to see it”. It is to be noted that ‘Uri: The Surgical Strike’, is film written and directed by Aditya Dhar and is based on the Indian Army’s surgical strikes on terror launch pads of Pakistan way back in 2016. Just after the declaration of the strike, the incident became a political potboiler throughout the country. It is interesting to see what the other state governments are going to do in this regard in the forthcoming days especially when the election is round the corner.