- Marwari Sanskriti Manch Organized Holi Mahotsav 2023 at Kolkata
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav Visits Sevoke – Rangpo Rail Site
- Ancient Vishnu Idol found During Pond Excavation at Dakshin Dinajpur
- Bengal Youth will Lead after National Educational Policy is Introduced: Bengal Guv
- Alipurduar to Get its First Apollo Clinic for Liver Treatment
By Hirak. D (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri, 29th January, 2019: Now another tourism destination is going to be promoted and included in the Tourism Map of North Bengal. The Sittong Tourism Festival is being organized at Sittong in this regard yesterday. The GTA Vice Chairman Mr. Anit Thapa had inaugurated the festival yesterday. The tourist registered through the online application process and also by other means with a target to view the famous Orange orchards in this regard. The participants in the festival informed TNI that at least 50 Home stays from across 40 to 45 villages are being created for inviting tourist from domestic and also from foreign soil. In this festival the events planned is Photo gallery called ‘Optopic’, visiting important places of Sittong areas (250 years old Lepcha Mud Monastery/Namthing Pokhari , Salamandar Lake / Aheldara view point / Latpanchor – a place for ‘Natural habitat of Horn Bill and other rare species of bird / 139 years old Lepcha Church), Live Painting workshop on top of Hills ‘Yaksha’ – by Internally acclaimed artiste Nihar Mazumder and team, Cultural Festival, visit Rabindra Bhawan, Mongpoo and ‘SurelKothi’ the place where Tagore Rabindranath has stayed etc.
Photo: Sougata Adhikary (Kolkata)