- Sahitya Akadami Award recipient Launches Book at Siliguri
- Model Youth Parliament Conducted at Siliguri by Young Indians
- Siliguri Tax Advocates Bar Association’s Rally for Demand of Social Security to Lawyers
- Major Nisheet Dogra Buried Under 6ft Snow at Sikkim, Dies at Bengdubi
- Lakme India Fashion Week Witnessed a Bunch of Bollywood Stars in the Ramp
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 05th October, 2018: On the occasion of the upcoming festive season like the Durga Puja and the Diwali, today Lions clubs of Siliguri Dignity distributed ‘Upaahar Dry Ratio’ under Lions District 322F One District One Activity. Under this program a packet contained dry items like Rice (5 Kgs), Masoor Dal (500 gm), Salt (1 Kg) and Soya Beans (250 gmas) were assorted and distributed. Today the distribution program was at Harijan Basti of Ward No. 14 under Siliguri Municipal Corporation area.
TNI spoke to the Charter President Lion Mr. Prasenjit Paul. He said that a total of 200 such Upaahar Dry Ratio packets are being targeted to be distributed to the downtrodden people of BPL category. Today’s program started around 4 pm and continued till 6 pm. He also further said that the tomorrow the program will also be carried out in the closed Panighatta Tea Estate and Siliguri’s Jyotinagar area. In today’s program the President Lion of Lions Club of Siliguri Dignity Mr. Sahil Gupta and the Secretary Lion Mr. Piyush Agarwal was also present.
Photos: Lions clubs of Siliguri Dignity