- Max Fashion launches exclusive Indian wear this Durga Puja
- Amar Canvas’s Meet Up Program at Siliguri Brings Opportunity to the Remote Artists
- Lions Club of Siliguri – Dignity Distributes ‘Upaahar Dry Ration’ before Pujas
- Foundation of Earthen Stadium at Hantapara TG Laid at Alipurduar
- Vishal Jhanjharia Elected as the New President of MCCI Kolkata
TNI News Service (TNS)
Webdesk, TNI Alipurduar 02nd October, 2018: Aapnar Baagane Proshasan, a public awareness and grievance Redressal initiative for poor workers in stressed/closed tea garden areas in the Dooars region was conducted for Hantapara, Dhumchipara & Garganda Tea Gardens by the District administration of Alipurduar on 30th September 2018. It was actually conducted at 2 venues under Madarihat Birpara Block i.e. one in Hantapara TG & another at Dhumchipara TG. The camp at Dhumchipara also catered to nearby garden Garganda also. The meetings were attended by DM, ADMs, PD DRDC, DCFS, SDO, BDO & the District Magistrate of Alipurduar Mr. Nikhil Nirmal along with representatives from various line departments like PWD, PHE etc.
A total of 4000 people visited the Camps. Awareness was raised about various schemes of WB Govt & grievances were received from the public. School bags, shoes & sports equipments were distributed to the “Aloran” schools covered by the TGs. Blankets, Medicated mosquito nets & Tirpals were also distributed. Apart from the above a foundation stone was also laid for Earthern Stadium at Hantapara TG by Mr. Nikhil Nirmal which is estimated for a cost of Rs 56 Lakhs.
Photos: Alipurduar DMO