- The ‘Retro Momo’ Costs just Rs. 1, Visit Birpara & Taste it
- Illicit Liquor Costing Around 1 lakh Was Seized at Birpara
- ‘Major Gap Between Crops Production & Practice of Storing in WB’ – Addl Chief Secretay, WB
- Vivel Launches Video Campaign for Women’s Equality
- NHPC Conducts Vaccination Drive on the Theme of ‘Give it a Shot, Step up the Protection’
By Dipankar Mitra (TNI Balurghat) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Balurghat, 18th August, 2017: At last the notification came from the Additional District Magistrate Mr. Amal Kandi Roy, for the suspension of classes in the Educational Institutions of the areas under flood at Dakkhin Dinajpur district. Till now at least 332 High Schools, 1184 primary schools and the teaching & non-teaching staffs of those schools were in a fix about the situation for the continuation of classes in the flood situation. The district’s School Inspector (Madhyamik) Mr. Dipankar Roy told that the notification was sent by email to all the schools. On the other hand, the notification had created confusion for the teaching and non-teaching staffs, because according to the notification only students need not come for classes. There is no mention about the same for the teaching and non-teaching staffs. A teacher informed TNI in anonymity that Uttar Dinajpur district administration notified the schools to be closed but here only classes are suspended. It can be interpreted that the school staff and teachers have to come in flood water and stay in the schools during the school hours. No officials were available for comment in this regard.