- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
By Dipankar Mitra (TNI Balurghat) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Kumarganj, 18th August, 2017: The flood situation and its impact had made Kumarganj Block of Dakkhin Dinajpur district shattered. For the last 6 days, the people here are spending days in water. The animal stock is dying along with the agricultural fields are still underwater. The areas of the block that are affected are Balupara, Dhadolpari, Kulohori, Amulia, Kamdebpur, Harishchandrapur, Samjia, Zakirpur, Safanagar, Biswanathpur, Haripur etc.
The administration has got down helping people in getting the relief materials. At all the affected at least 3-4 relief camps are established. However, there are accusations of non-uniform relief distribution. People protested against those in the BDO office of Kumarganj. The BDO Mr. Debdatta Chakraborty told TNI that a control room for relief is opened at the block. He expressed that very soon the situation will be normal.
Photos: Dipankar Mitra (TNI)