- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
By Avijit Das (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 13th August, 2017: The rail connectivity of North Bengal had totally snapped off due to heavy rains in North Bengal as well as in Bihar. Kisanganj Railway station went under water full including the railway tracks and the railway platform.
For this reason, the train connection was cut off. Almost all the trains passing through Kisanganj Station was canceled. 18 trains were canceled due to the rain turmoil in Kishanganj. None of the railway officials can confirm as to when the train services will resume.
Eastern Railway has said that the train services towards North Bengal will not resume till Monday. Malda station sources said that Trains like Up North Bengal Express and Kanchenkanya Express, Up Darjeeling Mail at Pakur, Up Padatik Express at Chatra, Up Kamrup Express at Kumedpur, Up Paharia Express at Farakka remains stranded.
At Kishanganj 17 trains are stranded. From NJP at least 11 trains were canceled both towards Kolkata and New Delhi. The station Manager talking to the press said that for the passenger security the trains were canceled or route shortened due to the water in Kishanganj Station.