- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Guwahati, 8th May, 2017: The much awaited Naharlagun – Guwahati Shatabdi express was today flagged off by the Union Railway minister Mr. Suresh Prabhu yesterday. He also later laid the foundation for the Murkongselek-Pasighat broad gauge railway track (26.15 km) at Far East state of Arunachal Pradesh.
The flagging off was done by a remote through a video link. It is expected that the new train will ease the journey between the two capital cities in a speedier and comfortable way. According to the railway sources, the total distance will be covered in tentatively 6 hours. The base station of the train is Naharlagun from 5 am and will reach Guwahati at 11 am.
During the flagging off ceremony, the Railway minister said the Railway department has speeded up its developmental works in the past 3 years. In the days to come, it will invest Rs. 90000 crore for its growth exclusively in North East India. Apart from Mr. Suresh Prabhu the chief ministers of Arunachal Pradesh Mr. Pema Khandu, Union Minister of State Mr. Rajen Gohain and Union Minister of state (Home Affairs) Mr. Kiren Rijiju were also present in the occasion.