- Rare Encounter: Leopard Cub Roam Free Inside SSB Camp in Malbazar
- Royal Bengal Tigers Spotted Again in Buxa Jungle
- No Work Elsewhere: Workers Returns to File Complaint Against TG Manager
- Giant Royal Bengal Tiger Captured at Neora Valley of North Bengal
- Marwari Sanskriti Manch Organized Holi Mahotsav 2023 at Kolkata
By Shamim Akhtar (TNI Aizawl) ~ Edited By Pradiptamay Saha (TNI Siliguri)
Webdesk, TNI Nagaland, 24th February, 2015:The Integrated Diseases Surveillance Programme (IDSP) under the State Health & Family Welfare department of Nagaland confirmed the third case of swine flu in the state on Sunday. The confirmed patient was in Delhi recently where he had undergone blood test for suspected H1N1 infection. However the patient traveled back to Mizoram the day before his tests results came out to be positive. On receiving the information, the health department took prompt action and administered treatment to the patient in Kohima where his condition has already shown signs of improvement. The health department has issued public advisory asking travelers who are coming to Nagaland from metro cities to be cautious and seek prompt medical attention in case they suspect any flu like symptoms. The department has also instructed the doctors and other medical staff of the state to remain stationed and be prepared for combating any H1N1 outbreak. All the district hospitals have also been asked to keep isolated wards and other facilities ready for treating any possible cases of infection.
Photo Courtesy: The Morung Express