- NBU Removes 'Contractual' tag for Teachers Development in the Varsity
- Bhutan Conducts Field Visits in Siliguri for Indo-Bangla-Bhutan Trade
- 4th AGM Organized by Dooars Journalists’ Association at Nagrakata
- NHPC Takes Over Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Fully
- CII North Bengal spearheads farm to fork connectivity through B2B in Large Cardamom Business
Webdesk, TNI Mumbai 14th December, 2021: The merger/amalgamation of Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Ltd. was finalized and has been accorded by the Board of Directors of NHPC Limited last week i.e. on December 7, 2021. Till date the Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Limited, is a wholly owned subsidiary of NHPC Limited. In accordance with the NHPC sources the scheme may be filed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India or any other appropriate authority for their approval and sanction. This will be done as per the regulatory filings. As already informed the Transferor Company is a Wholly Owned Subsidiary Company of NHPC and are related parties. According to the business experts, this merger of Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Ltd. with the parent company NHPC Ltd. will enable access to debt funding at NHPC’s credit rating whereas Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Ltd., on its own, will incur debt financing at a higher rate. Higher interest cost, would adversely impact the tariff of the Teesta-VI HE project being developed by Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Ltd.