- Marwari Sanskriti Manch Organized Holi Mahotsav 2023 at Kolkata
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav Visits Sevoke – Rangpo Rail Site
- Ancient Vishnu Idol found During Pond Excavation at Dakshin Dinajpur
- Bengal Youth will Lead after National Educational Policy is Introduced: Bengal Guv
- Alipurduar to Get its First Apollo Clinic for Liver Treatment
‘Central Government Ready to Cooperate to Open Closed Tea Gardens’ – John Barla
Subha Dutta (TNI Banarhat) TNI News Service (TNS)
Webdesk, TNI Banarhat 21st August, 2021: “The closed tea gardens cannot be opened by Central Government without taking State government into the consideration. If the state Government is monetarily incapable to open the tea gardens then Government of West Bengal should start meetings and discussions with the Central Government in this regard”. This was stated by the MOS, Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India Mr. John Barla at a closed Tea Garden named Surendranagar Tea Estate situated at Banarhat. Mr. Barla was attending a Relief distributing programme for the unemployed tea garden workers of the place. He also further said that “Central Government is ready to cooperate with the State Government for opening the Tea Gardens. I personally will be talking to the Honorable PM in this regard”.
The relief distribution programme was organized jointly by a Kolkata based NGO named Tomorrow’s Foundation and Jalpaiguri Small Tea Growers Association. In this regard the CEO of Tomorrow’s Foundation Mr. Swarup Ghosh and the Secretary of Jalpaiguri Small Tea Growers Association Mr. Bijoy Gopal Chakraborty were present in this occasion.