- ‘Central Government is Even Against District Level Lockdown’ – N. Sitharaman
- New Hospital Committee Takes Charge of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital of Siliguri
- Management Department of NBU Conducted its Annual 'Ahovaan 2021'
- Adhar Card to be made Compulsory for SMKP Athletics Meet 2021
- Desbandhu Sporting Union wins the Siliguri PS Zone Commissioners Cup Football
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Agartala, 20th November, 2018: Congress President of Tripura Unit, Mr. Birajit Sinha yesterday informed the press and demanded that Tripura Government should follow West Bengal Governments policy of reducing VAT on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) for Bagdogra Airport if not exemption. He said “Tripura charges 18% VAT on ATF, which operators are not happy about. To bring in more flight, the West Bengal Government has exempted the surcharge on ATF at Bagdogra airport for three years now. Now, more than 25 flights land there daily. He also said that the daily flights at Agartala Airport have gone down to 8 from 28 earlier. As the demand is raised the opposition gears up against the state Government for taking necessary action or face the concerned issue in the run upto the 2019 General Elections.