- Bhutan Conducts Field Visits in Siliguri for Indo-Bangla-Bhutan Trade
- 4th AGM Organized by Dooars Journalists’ Association at Nagrakata
- NHPC Takes Over Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Fully
- CII North Bengal spearheads farm to fork connectivity through B2B in Large Cardamom Business
- University of North Bengal Conducts first AICTE FDP in North Bengal
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Agartala, 20th November, 2018: Congress President of Tripura Unit, Mr. Birajit Sinha yesterday informed the press and demanded that Tripura Government should follow West Bengal Governments policy of reducing VAT on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) for Bagdogra Airport if not exemption. He said “Tripura charges 18% VAT on ATF, which operators are not happy about. To bring in more flight, the West Bengal Government has exempted the surcharge on ATF at Bagdogra airport for three years now. Now, more than 25 flights land there daily. He also said that the daily flights at Agartala Airport have gone down to 8 from 28 earlier. As the demand is raised the opposition gears up against the state Government for taking necessary action or face the concerned issue in the run upto the 2019 General Elections.