- Sahitya Akadami Award recipient Launches Book at Siliguri
- Model Youth Parliament Conducted at Siliguri by Young Indians
- Siliguri Tax Advocates Bar Association’s Rally for Demand of Social Security to Lawyers
- Major Nisheet Dogra Buried Under 6ft Snow at Sikkim, Dies at Bengdubi
- Lakme India Fashion Week Witnessed a Bunch of Bollywood Stars in the Ramp
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 6th May, 2018: EHTTOA yesterday felicitated Mr. Dawa Gyalpo Sherpa from Blue Dragon Adventure and one of the members of EHTTOA along with his team of 07 members, including a member from Australia (on Wheelchair, Mr. Scott) has scaled the Everest Base Camp in March. This feat is been recognized worldwide also. The information was shared by EHTTOA by a press note to the press. In this occasion, Mr. Dawa Gyalpo shared his experience. He said “It was a month of preparation to organize this kind of expedition because you are taking someone who is completely paralyzed and has never been to altitude before; the total expedition was planned for 18 days normally it takes only 14 days to go and come back. But in Scott’s situation, things are different. I planned the whole thing very carefully so that not only Scott but the whole team gets to the base camp, so we did.
There were total 7 members 5 from Australia 1 from Nepal and myself. There were filmmakers and medical team, 8 porters to carry all the luggage, medical kits & heavy camera equipment. I was delighted to be part of this expedition, in fact, to lead this group because there are more than 5000 companies in Nepal but somehow this opportunity came to me. Scott became the first paraplegic person to reach Mt Everest Base Camp on 25th March 2018 at 9:45 am the Indian Standard time”.
Photos: EHTTOA, Siliguri