- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
By Hirak. D (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri, 7th March, 2018: International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8th, worldwide commemorating the political, social and economic achievements of women. The objective of women’s day celebration has evolved and embraced culture and ethnicity to emerge as a celebration of appreciation, respect, and love towards women. A collective action and shared responsibility for driving gender parity are what makes International Women’s Day successful.
Young Indians Siliguri Chapter is celebrating the International Women’s Day for one week by creating a social media #Press for Progress Campaign, to create awareness in gender equality in meaningful ways and celebrating this day as the empowerment of the Nation. In this regard Young Indian’s Siliguri Chapter has also started a social media campaign with the same hashtag i.e. #PressforProgress campaign where each member is appealed to put a photo of themselves displaying the message along with the hashtag.
Photos: Young Indians, Siliguri