- ICC, SWO, Liver Foundation and Forum for Humanity starts Free Covid Centre at Siliguri
- ‘Central Government is Even Against District Level Lockdown’ – N. Sitharaman
- New Hospital Committee Takes Charge of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital of Siliguri
- Management Department of NBU Conducted its Annual 'Ahovaan 2021'
- Adhar Card to be made Compulsory for SMKP Athletics Meet 2021
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Mumbai, 24th January, 2018: The much awaited documentary film festival in India, the Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films or MIFF as it is known popularly, will see a grand inaugural on 28 January, 2018 at NCPA Mumbai. The weeklong festival will showcase nearly 430 documentary, short and animation films from over 40 countries. oldest and the largest film festival for non-feature films in South Asia, which began in 1990 is being organized by the Films Division, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India. The response to the 15th edition of MIFF has been overwhelming, signifying a vibrant documentary culture in India and the world. The festival directorate received a record 790 entries, with 194 entries from 32 countries in the International competition and 596 entries in the National competition. Selection of films for National and International Competition was made by independent Selection Committees. In view of large number of entries for the national competition, a two-tier selection process was followed. The Chairpersons of the Regional Selection Committees (Mumbai I&II, Delhi, Kolkata & Bangalore) met in Mumbai and evaluated the short listed films before recommending 43 films for the National Competition. International Selection Committee met in Mumbai and evaluated the films before recommending 25 films for the MIFF 2018 International Competition.