- The ‘Retro Momo’ Costs just Rs. 1, Visit Birpara & Taste it
- Illicit Liquor Costing Around 1 lakh Was Seized at Birpara
- ‘Major Gap Between Crops Production & Practice of Storing in WB’ – Addl Chief Secretay, WB
- Vivel Launches Video Campaign for Women’s Equality
- NHPC Conducts Vaccination Drive on the Theme of ‘Give it a Shot, Step up the Protection’
By Dipankar Mitra (TNI Balurghat) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Balurghat, 9th August, 2017: An awareness camp was today organized at Balurghat Lalit Mohan Adarsha Vidyalaya by the District Legal Aid Forum of Dakkhin Dinajpur in association with Balurghat Police Station and Balurghat Childline. The awareness camp was related to prevention of women trafficking. In this camp the resource persons present were District Legal Aid Forum Secretary Mr. Soumendra Nath Roy, IC of Balurghat Police Station Mr. Tashi Thering Sherpa & Mr. Bibhu Bhattacharya, Coordinator of Dakkhin Dinajpur Child Line Mr. Suraj Das, Headmaster of the school Mr. Avijit Mukherjee and other teachers.
Apart from Prevention of Women trafficking, the other topics discussed in the camp were the prevention of child marriage, prevention of child trafficking, prevention of sexual abuse on child etc. In this connection, the District Childline Coordinator Mr. Suraj Das told TNI that, since Dakkhin Dinajpur is a frontier district, it is subjected to crimes like Women trafficking, child trafficking, sexual abuse on them etc. For fighting this social crime many such awareness camps are being organized in the entire district.
Photos: Dipankar Mitra (TNI)