- ICC, SWO, Liver Foundation and Forum for Humanity starts Free Covid Centre at Siliguri
- ‘Central Government is Even Against District Level Lockdown’ – N. Sitharaman
- New Hospital Committee Takes Charge of Maharaja Agrasen Hospital of Siliguri
- Management Department of NBU Conducted its Annual 'Ahovaan 2021'
- Adhar Card to be made Compulsory for SMKP Athletics Meet 2021
By Dipankar Mitra (TNI Balurghat) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Balurghat, 11th July, 2017: Due to the implementation of GST the entire Dakkin Dinajpur District is affected because of the almost-no-supply of pharmaceutical products in the district. The pharma companies have stopped product distribution to the stockists of Dakkin Dinajpur district. The drugs like Decadron, Deriphyllin, Ecosprin, Febutaz etc. are missing the chemist shops in Balurghat and other towns of the district. Chemist Mr. Samir Biswas from Balurghat told TNI that if the situation is not controlled then there would be no options left for the retailers but to go for agitation. The District Secretary of Bengal Chemist & Druggist Association Mr. Biswajit Mandal told TNI that “The situation is getting worse every day. However, there is a ray of hope because it’s known from some sources that some companies have already rolled out drugs with GST number. I obviously cannot say about the exact date when the situation will turn to be normal”.