- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
By Supriyo Basak (TNI Dhupguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Nagrakata, 22nd March, 2017: The Tea garden workers today staged a protest against the supply of non-consumable quality of rice being distributed through the ration shops in Nagrakata Tea Garden and Bhagatpur Tea Garden. The workers did not accept the rice. It is being alleged that the rice supplied is infested with worms along with the bacterial smell. According to the workers, these rice are totally unconsumable. Assistant Manager Mr. Shyam Sundar Shah informed TNI that a complaint will be lodged against the same. On the other hand, the shop owner Mr. Motilal Tiwari said that this is for the first time such things have happened. The District Food and Supply Official Mr. Rinchen Sherpa have assured to take necessary steps in this regard.