- Max Fashion launches exclusive Indian wear this Durga Puja
- Amar Canvas’s Meet Up Program at Siliguri Brings Opportunity to the Remote Artists
- Lions Club of Siliguri – Dignity Distributes ‘Upaahar Dry Ration’ before Pujas
- Foundation of Earthen Stadium at Hantapara TG Laid at Alipurduar
- Vishal Jhanjharia Elected as the New President of MCCI Kolkata
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 20th September, 2018: Today morning at around 11.15 am, an unidentified dead body of a male was found floating in a small water canal near Ghughujora Bridge at Ghoshpukur, PHD. Later the deceased was identified as a driver Azeem Ahamed (40) from Uttar Pradesh. The number of the truck was also identified. The identification of the dead body was done by another driver named Wajahat Karim (48) from Hasanpur, Amroha (Uttar Pradesh). According to the identifier Wahahat Karim the deceased was missing from Mailanijote area of Ghoshpukur since last night. According to the police the preliminary enquiry suggest that the death may have occurred due to drowning. However to ascertain the actual cause of death the dead body was sent to NBMCH for post mortem. Police also informed the media that the relatives of the deceased were informed and an investigation is already being started.