- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 20th September, 2018: Today morning at around 11.15 am, an unidentified dead body of a male was found floating in a small water canal near Ghughujora Bridge at Ghoshpukur, PHD. Later the deceased was identified as a driver Azeem Ahamed (40) from Uttar Pradesh. The number of the truck was also identified. The identification of the dead body was done by another driver named Wajahat Karim (48) from Hasanpur, Amroha (Uttar Pradesh). According to the identifier Wahahat Karim the deceased was missing from Mailanijote area of Ghoshpukur since last night. According to the police the preliminary enquiry suggest that the death may have occurred due to drowning. However to ascertain the actual cause of death the dead body was sent to NBMCH for post mortem. Police also informed the media that the relatives of the deceased were informed and an investigation is already being started.