- Sahitya Akadami Award recipient Launches Book at Siliguri
- Model Youth Parliament Conducted at Siliguri by Young Indians
- Siliguri Tax Advocates Bar Association’s Rally for Demand of Social Security to Lawyers
- Major Nisheet Dogra Buried Under 6ft Snow at Sikkim, Dies at Bengdubi
- Lakme India Fashion Week Witnessed a Bunch of Bollywood Stars in the Ramp
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 20th September, 2018: Today morning at around 11.15 am, an unidentified dead body of a male was found floating in a small water canal near Ghughujora Bridge at Ghoshpukur, PHD. Later the deceased was identified as a driver Azeem Ahamed (40) from Uttar Pradesh. The number of the truck was also identified. The identification of the dead body was done by another driver named Wajahat Karim (48) from Hasanpur, Amroha (Uttar Pradesh). According to the identifier Wahahat Karim the deceased was missing from Mailanijote area of Ghoshpukur since last night. According to the police the preliminary enquiry suggest that the death may have occurred due to drowning. However to ascertain the actual cause of death the dead body was sent to NBMCH for post mortem. Police also informed the media that the relatives of the deceased were informed and an investigation is already being started.