- CII North Bengal Celebrates Korean Tea Culture & Tea Tasting Ceremony in Siliguri
- Saswata Chatterjee Adds Momentum in Stopping Migratory Harassment Movement
- Aradhana Mahotsav 2018 to be Held at Siliguri on 25th November
- ‘Urban Architecture’ was the theme of this year’s ‘Stylefile’ at Kolkata
- Demand of Bagdogra like VAT Reduction on ATF for Tripura Airport
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri 20th September, 2018: Today morning at around 11.15 am, an unidentified dead body of a male was found floating in a small water canal near Ghughujora Bridge at Ghoshpukur, PHD. Later the deceased was identified as a driver Azeem Ahamed (40) from Uttar Pradesh. The number of the truck was also identified. The identification of the dead body was done by another driver named Wajahat Karim (48) from Hasanpur, Amroha (Uttar Pradesh). According to the identifier Wahahat Karim the deceased was missing from Mailanijote area of Ghoshpukur since last night. According to the police the preliminary enquiry suggest that the death may have occurred due to drowning. However to ascertain the actual cause of death the dead body was sent to NBMCH for post mortem. Police also informed the media that the relatives of the deceased were informed and an investigation is already being started.