- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Patna 5th April, 2018: Today the Honorable CM of Bihar Mr. Nitish Kumar inaugurated the most waited, Bihar State Education Finance Corporation (BSEFC) with a view to providing financial assistance to the students from Bihar for higher studies under the ambitious “Students Credit Card”. The programme provides an interest-free loan of up to Rs four lakh to students to carry higher studies. With the help of the credit card, the students will get financial assistance not only for professional studies but also for traditional courses like BA, B.Sc, or B.Com. The students can approach the District Registration and Counselling Centres (DRCC) with their applications and they would be provided with the help they need regarding availing the facilities provided by the corporation. Apart from the CM, the other dignitaries present were the Deputy CM Mr. Sushil Kumar Modi, State Education Minister Mr. Krishna Nandan Prasad Verma among others. Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister said “The student’s credit card scheme aims at raising the state’s gross enrollment ratio for higher studies, which is currently 14.3 percent as against the national average of 24 percent. We intend to raise it to at least 30 percent”.