- CII North Bengal Celebrates Korean Tea Culture & Tea Tasting Ceremony in Siliguri
- Saswata Chatterjee Adds Momentum in Stopping Migratory Harassment Movement
- Aradhana Mahotsav 2018 to be Held at Siliguri on 25th November
- ‘Urban Architecture’ was the theme of this year’s ‘Stylefile’ at Kolkata
- Demand of Bagdogra like VAT Reduction on ATF for Tripura Airport
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI New Delhi, 12th March, 2018: Today in the SMKP conducted 1st Division Cricket League North Bengal State Transport Corporation (NBSTC) played with NSSC at the Tarai School Ground of Siliguri. The toss was won by NBSTC and surprisingly they elected to field first. Probably, they took the overnight rains as a deciding factor. Thus NSSC was sent to bat. NSSC put up a score of just 116 runs losing all of their wickets playing just 19.2 overs. All of the batsmen of NSSC surrendered to the bowlers of NBSTC especially Manojit Sarkar and Sanu Prasad. Both of them took 3 wickets each. The notable score was done by Burhan Malik (44) of NSSC. However, in the second innings, the situation of the NBSTC batsmen was much worse than the NSSC batsmen in the first innings. All the batsmen fell like a pack of cards in 17.5 over scoring just 85 runs on the board. NBSTC fell short of 31 runs and lost the match. Burhan Malik of NSSC was declared Man of the match for his batting performance.
Photo: R. Subrata (TNI)