- The ‘Retro Momo’ Costs just Rs. 1, Visit Birpara & Taste it
- Illicit Liquor Costing Around 1 lakh Was Seized at Birpara
- ‘Major Gap Between Crops Production & Practice of Storing in WB’ – Addl Chief Secretay, WB
- Vivel Launches Video Campaign for Women’s Equality
- NHPC Conducts Vaccination Drive on the Theme of ‘Give it a Shot, Step up the Protection’
TNI News Service
Webdesk, TNI Islampur, 3rd January, 2018: Veteran journalist and the founder member of Islampur Sub Divisional Press Club (ISDPC) Mr. Nakul Das (67) today breathed his last at NBMCH. He was a resident of Milanpally of Islampur and was suffering for quite some time. Recently, his health got deteriorated and was admitted to NBMCH. Advisory member of ISDPC Mr. Salva Singh said that Mr. Das was associated with daily newspaper for more than 20 years. ISDPC is now mourning his death. Today the members of the ISDPC paid their last homage to the departed soul when his body was brought to the clubhouse. MLA of Islampur and Chairman of Islampur Municipality Mr. Kanhaiyalal Agarwala also paid homage to Mr. Das. In the premises, there was the presence of the secretary of ISDPC Secretary Mr. Mehedi Hedayatulla, President Mr. Sushanta Nandi, Working Secretary Mr. Dipankar Dey, Poet Mr. Nishikanta Sinha etc. Today all the journalist of Islampur Sub Division wore black badges to pay their last respect to Mr. Nakul Das.
Photo: Dipankar Dey (TNI)