- Bhutan Conducts Field Visits in Siliguri for Indo-Bangla-Bhutan Trade
- 4th AGM Organized by Dooars Journalists’ Association at Nagrakata
- NHPC Takes Over Lanco Teesta Hydro Power Fully
- CII North Bengal spearheads farm to fork connectivity through B2B in Large Cardamom Business
- University of North Bengal Conducts first AICTE FDP in North Bengal
By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri) | TNI Editing Siliguri
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri, 25th December, 2016: In the eve of the 4th SAFF Women’s Championship at Kanchenjungha Stadium here in Siliguri, all the head coaches from the participating nations except Maldives and Bangladesh, attended a pre-tournament press meet at Hotel Sinclairs in Siliguri today. Jasmine of Sri Lanka, Mrs. Kelly Lindsey from Afghanistan, Kumar Thapa from Nepal, Lee from Bhutan and Sajid Yusuf Dar of India were at the press meet attending the questions coming from the media personnel. All of the team members and the coaches sounded positive and confident about their preparation for the SAFF games. However, when asked about the absence of Pakistan football team, most of them have given some politically correct statement or have avoided the uneasy question. For Afghanistan, it’s a bid farewell tournament as this is the last SAFF tournament. The country has joined the Central Asian Zone. The Head Coach of Afghanistan Kelly Lindsy said “We want to leave a long-lasting impression before we leave the SAFF zone.” All of the teams have praised AIFF and the local organizer i.e. Siliguri Mahakuma Krira Parishad for providing the lovely ambiance of Football.
Photo: Shekhar Patra (TNI)