- Workshop on Cross Border Tourism & Trade Conducted at Siliguri
- Siliguri’s Engineers Body Accuses Administration of Delaying Approval for Projects
- Kolkata Port trust Chairman interacts with North Bengal Businessmen at Siliguri
- Illegal Foreign Goods worth Crores Intercepted at Siliguri
- Yi Siliguri Gets New Chair and Co-Chair for 2019-20
TNI News Service (TNS)
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri, 22nd October, 2016: Yesterday at Bidhannagar, Siliguri All India Chess Federation of the Blind (AICFB) organized the 12th AICFB East Zone Chess Championship for the Visually Challenged for this year. The venue of the chess tournament was the Bhimbhar Sneshshram Dristihin Vidyalaya of Bidhannagar near Siliguri. The tournament was co-organized by Bhimbhar Sneshshram Dristihin Vidyalaya and Chaitanya Welfare Society for the Disabled from Nabadwip of West Bengal’s Nadia district.
The tournament was inaugurated by Mr. Madan Bhattacharya, a member of Darjeeling District RTA and TMC leader. Along with Mr. Bhattacharya there were various other dignitaries present in the occasion from AICB, BhimbharSneshshram Dristihin Vidyalaya of Bidhannagar, Chaitanya Welfare Society for the Disabled from Nabadwip as well as the representative of local panchayat. The chess players who participated in the tournament were from North Bengal and South Bengal. Visibly all were enjoying their bouts in the tournament. Such kind of chess event was happening in Siliguri’s Bidhannagar for the first time.
Inputs and Photos: Prantosh Saha (Bidhannagar, Siliguri)