- ‘Krishak Suraksha Padayatra’ for Farm bill Awareness held at Falakata
- BJP Worker Meeting for Falakata Assembly By Election was Held at Falakata
- TMC Gears up for Local Level Protest against Farm Bill at Falakata
- Jaigaon Traffic Police Conducted Road Safety Awareness Drive at Jaigaon
- Hooghly wins the Maiden title of SDCA’s 1st Inter District Online Doubles Carrom Tournament
By D. Prasun (TNI Siliguri) ~ Edited By R. Subrata (TNI Siliguri)
Webdesk, TNI Siliguri, 29th February, 2016: Thick fog like cover engulfed entire Siliguri and the adjoining areas. People smelt burnt leaf-like smell all around the city. However, according to some environmentalist that there is nothing to worry. There is a high possibility that the smog is due to the sudden forest fire at Sevok forest. Interestingly, this is the time when small forest fire happens because of the dried leaves all around. However, engulfing of the city didn’t happen in recent years. Some people felt burning sensation in their eyes due to the smog.